Putnam County Small Claims Court

Putnam County Small Claims Court

Am I able to sue in small claims court?

In order to file an action, you must be 18 years of age or older. If you are younger than 18, your parent or legal guardian is able to sue on your behalf. Corporations, partnerships, and other corporate entities must bring their action in Commercial Claims Court and are not able to act as plaintiffs in small claims court. These entities can be sued in this court. In these cases, the corporation or partnership can authorize an attorney, director, or employee of the entity to appear on its behalf (to defend the action).

Mediation of Small Claims Court Cases in Putnam County

Mediation is an attempt to settle your case without a trial. It is a consifential way to resolve the case. Mediation involved a person acting as a mediator who will try and bring opposing parties to an agreement that all the parties can agree to. In Putnam County, mediation services are provided by:

Dispute Resolution Center, Inc.

2 thoughts on “Putnam County Small Claims Court”

  1. i like to know if i can take someone to court in Putnam County who lives in Dutchess County NY ?
    Danny Odato


Leave a Comment